Ventilator Care Program
Our Ventilator Care Program is designed for patients who require ventilator assistance. We partner with leading respiratory manufacturers assuring our patients have access to cutting edge technology. Coupled with our technology our respiratory clinicians have over 119 years of homecare experience, ensuring proper education and ongoing clinical care.
We support infant, pediatric and adult patients on either continuous or nocturnal ventilation. AtHome Medical's highly trained staff, including respiratory therapists, implements a unique and detailed plan of care for each patient in conjunction with their medical practitioners.
We understand the challenges patients and caregivers face in a home setting. Therefore, our program emphasizes extensive caregiver training prior to discharge, home follow-up and continued support including 24hr clinical and technical on call service.
Each individualized plan of care starts when a patient is referred to our office. While AtHome Medical's customer service staff verifies the patient's coverage and starts the authorization process, our clinical staff is working with the patient, family/caregivers and facility to provide a smooth transition home.
Our step by step process includes:
- Visiting the patient and completing a thorough assessment of the patients past medical history and present and future medical needs.
- A visit by a clinician to complete a "home assessment" to assure a safe home environment.
- Training of caregivers prior to discharge.
- Completion of the monthly needs list based on the physician's orders.
- Placing the patient on our ventilator at the facility several days prior to discharge. This allows the patient to adjust to their new ventilator and gives the caregivers a chance to familiarize themselves with the equipment.
- Delivering the equipment and supplies to the patient's home prior to discharge and setup by our clinical staff.
- Coordinating the patient discharge and following the patient to their home. Once at the home our clinical staff provides further reassurance to the caregivers and makes sure they are completely comfortable with the transition.
- As many clinical visits as needed during the first couple of weeks to assure both patient's and caregiver's needs are being met.
- Ongoing clinical care that involves monthly respiratory therapist visits, clinical respiratory services.
- Communicating with the physician regarding patient care and progress and making sure orders are kept updated based on the patient's changing medical needs.
AtHome Medical is committed to provide the best clinical and respiratory care for our ventilator dependent patients always remembering that in a special way you are part of our family.